At its September 25 session, the Holy Synod of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church decided (Protocol #17):
- to express its concern about the appointment of ‘Exarchs’ by the Patriarchate of Constantinople, and to consider this act as a gross interference in the affairs of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church as well as a violation of its canonical territory
- to ask the Patriarch Bartholomew I of Constantinople to stop his interference in the internal affairs of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church and not to violate its canonical territory
- to consider the activity of these ‘exarchs’ as anti-canonical and disrupting interfaith peace in the Ukraine
- that these ‘Exarchs’ sent by the Patriarchate of Constantinople (namely, Archbishop Daniel of Pamphylia and Bishop Hilarion of Edmonton), must leave the canonical territory of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church
- that the Ukrainian Orthodox Church episcopate should suspend concelebration with the hierarchs of the Patriarchate of Constantinople
- that the clergy, members of the monastic order, and the faithful of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church must strengthen their prayers for the preservation of the unity of Holy Orthodoxy.
Source in Russian