Who are we?
The address of the English version of our website is: https://orthodoxie.com/en
In the paragraph below we will explain in detail the data we collect and our reasons behind them. If you should wish to opt out from any tracking, you may do so by unchecking the box above.
Use of personal data collected
Browsing our website
If you have never registered on Orthodoxie.com, we will only track the following data:
- Date and time of the visit
- Title of the page being viewed (Page Title)
- URL of the page being viewed (Page URL)
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page (Referrer URL)
- Screen resolution being used
- Time in local user’s timezone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded
- Links to an outside domain that were clicked
- Pages generation time (the time it takes for webpages to be generated by the web server and then downloaded by the user)
- Vague location of the user: country, region, city, approximate latitude and longitude (note that this will be inaccurate because we do not track your full IP address so we can only know your general location, like the city, at best).
- Main Language of the browser being used (
- User Agent of the browser being used (
Note that we DO NOT track your IP address, because all IPs are being anonymized automatically by Matomo.
Instead of seeing the full IP address, for example: 192.168.154.243
we will only see 192.168.154.xxx
Subscribing to our newsletter
If you have registered for our newsletter, we will collect the following data:
- your email address
- your first and last name (if you provide them)
- if we managed to deliver you the email
- your in-email activity (if you opened or clicked through an email we sent you)
- the email software you used to read our emails
- MailChimp captures your IP address from which you subscribed for the purposes of obtaining the legal bases for explicit consent.
Furthermore, MailChimp stores your purchase information in conjunction with WordPress (our website’s platform) but this is only if you purchase a membership or any other product from our website.
Purchasing from Orthodoxie.com
If you have purchased a product from our website (either a subscription or a product):
- If you have purchased a membership, we store your
- Shipping information
- Billing information
- First and last name
- Amount you paid
- Products or services you purchased
- Time and date of your purchase
- Stripe collects your IP information in order to
Note that we DO NOT collect your payment information but that it is safely encrypted within Stripe’s infrastructure that is licensed for this.
As mentioned above, we DO NOT track your IPs on the website, but MailChimp and Stripe do track them, for legal purposes.
However, those two IP addresses are NOT connected in any way, other than through our website, where they are being safely annqonymized. Therefore, your online identity is safe and secure.
Embedded content from other sites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles). Content embedded from other sites behaves in the same way as if the visitor were to that other site.
The rights you have on your data
If you have an account or have left comments on the site, you can request to receive a file containing all the personal data that we have about you, including those that you have provided us. You can also request the deletion of your personal data. This does not take into account data stored for administrative, legal or security purposes.
Orthodoxie.com is a publication of ASTRAION sarl (capital: € 2,000), registered office: 1663, avenue Roger Salengro-92370 Chaville, ID: 537 381 980 RCS Nanterre SIRET # 537 381 980 00011
Intra-Community VAT: FR35537381980
CPPAP number: 0621 W 92364
The General Secretary of the Joint Committee for Publications and Press Agency certifies that the online press service designated as orthodoxie.com is registered until 06/30/2021 on the Commission registries, as an online press service, recognized under Article 1 of French Law #86-187 of August 1, on the reform of the legal regime of the press.
Technical hosting service:
Orthodoxie is being hosted in a data center owner by a German company Hetzner Online GmbH (https://www.hetzner.com/). Their data center is fully GDPR compliant. Because this company offers a technical solution that is hard to manage without the know-how, a company from Serbia is helping us manage the server. The company details are: MyCity-Hosting – MyCity-Hosting is a service of “My City Agencija za internet usluge”, registered on the address of Naselje Nikola Tesla, ul. Zaplanjska 36, 18110 Niš, Serbia.
Note that the Serbian company does not have any access to your data, only the technical statistics of the server.
For any question or complaint regarding this weblog please send an e-mail to the following address: [email protected]
Third Party Services that send us data
MailChimp – is an email marketing software that we use to send our weekly updates. When you sign up for our newsletter, MailChimp will collect your email address, your registration IP address, and your location. The law requires us to prove the exact time and IP address of your subscription.
Stripe – When you decide to subscribe to Orthodoxie.com/en , you can do it with your credit card. In that case, we do not collect your credit card information, but use Stripe to process your card via their system. Stripe will collect and process your credit card information and send us confirmation once payment has been made.
Paypal – When you decide to subscribe to Orthodoxie.com/en, you can do it through PayPal. In that case, we use PayPal to manage your subscription payments via the PayPal platform. PayPal will collect your data and will inform us whether the payment was successful or not. The identification is done through the e-mail address you used to log in to PayPal.
What is a secure payment?
“Secure” payment means that transactions made on the Internet are protected against unauthorized interception, and also against unauthorized changes and alterations to the original content of messages. You are notified of the presence of SSL security through the display of a padlock and the “https” protocol in the url of our website https://orthodoxie.com/en.
What is data encryption?
Encrypting data is making data secret. The letters of the message are transformed into a succession of digits, then calculations are made with these digits, so that the recipient can decrypt them. This step is called the encryption.
What is Stripe?
Stripe is a secure payment gateway used by websites that hold the SSL certificate, such as Orthodoxie.com. Stripe has been audited by an independent PCI Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and is certified as a Level 1 PCI service provider. This is the strictest level of certification available in the payments industry.
All your payment information is securely and directly transmitted to Stripe without going through our servers. All the data are encrypted using SSL.
All the guarantees of confidentiality and security are therefore met.
What is PayPal?
It is the leader in online payment. PayPal helps protect your credit card information with the best systems available on the market for security and fraud prevention.
When you use PayPal, your financial information is never communicated to our site.
For more information, please visit the PayPal website.
With Paypal, paying online with your credit card is:
- Secure: the payment is made using the secure SSL system. The Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is the most widely used security protocol. It creates a secure channel between two machines communicating over the Internet or an internal network.
- Convenient: you can pay with all types of credit cards: Visa, Master card, American Express, etc.
- Fast and free: you do not need to have a PayPal account.
Indeed, the Paypal online payment system relies on information encryption technology. When you pay, you will need to record your credit card numbers and expiration date. This information will be immediately encrypted on your computer before being sent to our bank via the Internet. Thus, no confidential information circulates on the network without having been previously encrypted.